Monday, June 9, 2008

Hope vs. Faith

How do these differ?
Hope vs Faith

I don't have an answer to this question but I do have an example.
Maybe when hope ends faith steps in.
Maybe when hope dwindles faith continues.
I'm not sure.

I know I had some friends that are married to each other. Lets just call them Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming for this story. They have been trying to have a child for about two and a half years and were told that they never would, so they began the adoption process through New Life Family Services in Mn, the finished the process and were called for a placement. They had to deny because it was just too soon. This Sunday they went to the front of the church and told us all that they are two months pregnant. I could not hold back the tears of excitement for them. How great is our God?

Is it possible God had to prepare them to be better parents? Could it be that so many couples looking into adoption get pregnant only after they have gone through the entire adoption process, because parenting is a huge responsibility, God wants them to be prepared to raise his child. The adoption process is rigorous, I think everyone should have to go through it before they are allowed to raise children. I am not saying that Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming needed this, but I am saying that much of society should not have children, they do not know the blessing that they have received. Society is unprepared for what it takes to raise a child in the ways of the Lord, as I often say, "these are not our children, we have been given the blessing of parenting them. All the children are the Lords, he is trusting us.... us to be the best parents for them."
Sleeping Beauty is feeling better the morning sickness has already passed, as far as we can tell.
As fairy tales go, I wish you could have seen their faces when they announced their pregnancy - the joy was overwhelming, they will live happily ever after.
ok, ok, I know the story is just beginning, but God's timing is perfect, and they are prepared, God has blessed another couple and untrusted them with his child.

Hope and Faith --
These are both words I would use when talking about this fairy tale couple. When hope faded, faith stood strong. I do not believe that hope was ever lost, and maybe at one point hope changed it's focus, from being biological parents to just being parents. It seems when we give it all to the Lord, he gives us the desires of our hearts.

No comments: